Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Anyone supply / build 7 segment LCD's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ant

I currently trying to find a repair for a VDO clock with a failed screen, I've searched all the datasheets I can find and so far come up with nothing. The clock is from the 80's, has 36 pins, uses zebra (rubber) connectors, transflective, normal viewing angle & temperature range. The clock is in this format 00:00. Most of the replacements seem to have the format 0.0:0.0 & have 40 pins and tend to have solder connectors. I don't have a datasheet for the original screen but if I can find a suitable option (investigating one presently) with 36 pins I'll try it, whether the format is correct or not. Getting it custom made is an option but I suspect it will prove to be expensive (100 units per annum). Anyone have an idea of custom LCD costs or know a possible source for replacements?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back