Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Anyone interested in an Extech EX430a multimeter brand new and seriously cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could be as i have a gap on the shelf :D

I also have a gap on the shelf but I have seven pieces on the work bench. I have to use at least six pieces on each project to keep form over flowing the shelf. What a problem.
Oh, no. Cant do that, no room on the bench, my best screwdriver is on there somewhere........
bench is full, everything carefully piled so it interlocks and dosnt slide off, unless you walk past it in a hurry, so the gap on the shelf is all i got :D. Although I would feel guilt getting another DMM, my tenma has been the best thing i think I have ever invested in, it has been put up against a calibrated bench meter and was spot on despite alot of abuse....I mean heavy use obviously.

OK it's on Amazon UK and sold by Amazon Prime. They are even cheaper now at about £23. I couldn't understand why it was so cheap but when I bought mine at £26 it did say reduced by £60.
The only thing that may have put ppl off is the word GREEN at the end. I though this might be a model but it seems to be refering to the face/body colour.
So I though I can't really lose here, if its dodgy I can return it. I've seen no reports of cloned EX430a or anything about defective batches so I went ahead.
It arrive a couple of days ago, seems to be exactly what it's supposed to be! If it's a copy it's a very good one. It looks new, film on the LCD, the way the probes are wrapped etc so doesn't seem to be a return, but even if it is £26!
Just had a look they have 15 in stock.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Extech-EX4...&qid=1499840281&sr=8-1&keywords=Extech+EX430a

Update: I just took the meter covers off and everything looks good. HRC fuses, board layout all compare with an online video. I noticed that the registered tradename (R in a circle) does not appear after the word "Extech" in the Amazon photo but the one I received does have one, so must be a bad photo.
I've tested all functions, it beebs if the wrong setting is selected relative to the probe position.
The probes are fully sheathed with just a bit of the tip exposed.

He who hesitates....... Looks like it was a pricing error, the price is now £59.76
Still cheap though.

Last edited:
Hi Superdat,
Thanks for the link. I ordered one on the 12/7/17 and got is at £23.88 + £4.75 postage. The only thing I have found that I don't like is the slow response to low value readings on the lowest ohms range . When the probes are shorted it first shows about 3 ohms and then a few decreasing readings until it finally reads 0.4 ohms (The test lead resistance.) Testing a 10K resistor it gives the correct reading straight away. I notice today (15/07/17) that the price is now up to £86.81

Les.

Hi Superdat,
Thanks for the link. I ordered one on the 12/7/17 and got is at £23.88 + £4.75 postage. The only thing I have found that I don't like is the slow response to low value readings on the lowest ohms range . When the probes are shorted it first shows about 3 ohms and then a few decreasing readings until it finally reads 0.4 ohms (The test lead resistance.) Testing a 10K resistor it gives the correct reading straight away. I notice today (15/07/17) that the price is now up to £86.81

Les.
I noticed the price had changed, I saw the stock had gone down from 15 to 14. So you were the lucky one :) Something really odd going on there, the price went from £23.88 to £59.76 to £86.81. I think I'll leave the country now in case Amazon ask for the difference ;-)
Mine also does that on the ohms range but beeps all the time too. If I select Mohms it goes straight to 0 and the scale changes to ohms but without the Buzzer.
I'd say selecting ohms is just the continuity test with the buzzer.
If you don't like it you can always send it back for a refund!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back