Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Anybody out there shoot PCP air rifles???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rbeckett

PCP (Pre Charged Pneumatic) rifles are filled from a scuba tank or high pressure guppy tanks and get about 40 shots on a charge. I have a Webley Raider in .177 caliber and it is scary accurate straight out of the box. I added a No Name 3-9X40 mil dot illuminated scope and can reach way out and dust rabbits, coon, Possums and squirrels. The rifle has enough Joules of energy when it arrives on target to blow out a skull and drop em in their tracks. I also have two brak barrel gas piston rifles in .177 and .22. I am having a blast popping stuff in the yard at pretty extreme distances for a mere Pellet rifle. All 3 of my rifles all shoot over 1000 FPS and send pellets sonic if I choose one that is tool light. So I try to stay heavy enough to keep the pellet just below the sonic disturbance which upsets the trajectory and accuracy pretty seriously. Anybody else?

Wheelchair Bob

PCP (Pre Charged Pneumatic) rifles are filled from a scuba tank or high pressure guppy tanks and get about 40 shots on a charge. I have a Webley Raider in .177 caliber and it is scary accurate straight out of the box. I added a No Name 3-9X40 mil dot illuminated scope and can reach way out and dust rabbits, coon, Possums and squirrels. The rifle has enough Joules of energy when it arrives on target to blow out a skull and drop em in their tracks. I also have two brak barrel gas piston rifles in .177 and .22. I am having a blast popping stuff in the yard at pretty extreme distances for a mere Pellet rifle. All 3 of my rifles all shoot over 1000 FPS and send pellets sonic if I choose one that is tool light. So I try to stay heavy enough to keep the pellet just below the sonic disturbance which upsets the trajectory and accuracy pretty seriously. Anybody else?

Wheelchair Bob
No, I shoot real guns. I guess those are better than nothing.

I have an Airforce TalonSS .22, but haven't shot it for a while, my scuba tank is out of date and they won't fill it without a retest. I also have several break action air rifles and a Diana 48 .22, plus a few air pistols. I love to shoot them when ever I can.

Anybody out there shoot PCP air rifles???

No, can't say I do but they are pretty cool little rifles. They get a 177 caliber pellet up to around 1,000 FPS which isn't bad velocity. I have been known to shoot a few other rifles and really enjoy the shooting sports as well as my rifles and hand guns. Finally retired and nothing beats a day at the range.

Ron

Anybody who doesn't regard a magnum powered air rifle as a real gun has never seen how it will blow out the skull of a deer or small game like Rabbits and coons. I aired out the skull on a coon at over 50 yard and it was completely empty when I went out to see if it was for sure down for the count. Blew the whole top of it's head off with a JSB Diabolo Exact at around 18 grains. Never knew what hit it and fell straight to the ground dead as a doornail on the first shot, How much more real does it need to be???
Wheelchair Bob

JSB Diabolo Exact at around 18 grains

The JSB Diablo line has a few flavors, the heaviest I see is about 13.4 grains for the Monster flavor and the Exact Heavy at around 10.34 grains. Which JSB Exact flavor comes in at 18 grains? That would be an awfully .177 caliber pellet. While a good pellet rifle is suitable for small game I really don't see it as a deerslayer. The better made guns with good match pellets really shine in match competition. They are a heck of a lot of fun to shoot.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back