• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Anybody know of an PV MC4 tap connector suitable for instrumentation ?


Active Member
Hi all,

I would like to be able to monitor individual panel voltages using a logger (with isolated inputs) however to do that in a series string I need to tap the connection between each pair of panels, the current required by the tap is tiny (a few mA at most) but the only connector I can find is an MC4 T or Y connector. These are expensive and require yet another MC4 for the tap wire.

Anybody seen anything better or think of another way of doing it ?

Latest threads

EE World Online Articles