Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Suitable fuse for 50v low current circuit

wedwo1

I have a DC-DC converter (50v to 5v) and have it connected to my 50v inverter battery circuit (200a capacity). The device consumes less than 1a. I'd like to use an in-line barrel fuse or other suitable fuse but am struggling to find something low current in the 50v DC range. What should I be using?

I have a DC-DC converter (50v to 5v) and have it connected to my 50v inverter battery circuit (200a capacity). The device consumes less than 1a. I'd like to use an in-line barrel fuse or other suitable fuse but am struggling to find something low current in the 50v DC range. What should I be using?
You're over thinking it, don't need a low voltage fuse, there are countless perfectly satisfactory fuses in either 20mm or 1.25 inch.

To find a low-current device in the 50V DC range, you may consider using a voltage regulator or a low-voltage DC power supply. These devices can regulate the voltage to a specific level and provide a small current output suitable for many electronic applications.

For example, you can use an LM7805 voltage regulator to regulate the voltage down to 5V DC. This is a standard voltage level used in many electronic circuits. The LM7805 can handle up to 35V DC input and provide a 1A output current.

Alternatively, you can use a low-voltage DC power supply with an output voltage of 50V DC or less. It also has a current rating suitable for your application. Many options are available on the market, ranging from simple linear power supplies to more sophisticated switching power supplies.

It is imperative to note that when working with high voltage and current levels, proper safety precautions should be taken to prevent electric shock and damage to the equipment. Always read and follow the manufacturer's instructions and use appropriate protective gear when working with electricity.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back