Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Any radio experts - will this work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tipsy

My mobile could do with a signal boost and was wondering if these would do what they claim? Can anyone advise me please?

**broken link removed**

those things have been around since mobile phones have. look like a tacky metallic sticker and I would be very surprised if they worked but i'm no expert so will leave that conclusion to someone who is :)

Google: Signal Booster SCAM:

the sticker does nothing, its a scam, its literally just a sticker. the only signal boosters that you will see that work are external ..

The antenna booster stickers showed no measurable improvement in signal strength .... stating they work, it's my belief antenna booster stickers are a scam. ...

The only way to boost (or improve) the effectiveness of the antenna of a mobile phone is to take the signal from the output of the phone and fit an antenna that is larger and extends over the edge of the phone.
This way the antenna is "more effective" than an antenna that is close to the framework of the phone and has a better change of radiating the signal.
That's why antenna's in old-style mobile phones extended beyond the framework of the phone.
To expect the signal to "jump onto" a sticker then radiate more effectively that the original signal - is an improbability.

That's was my thought but if it made a slight difference I would have been happy as they're cheap enough. I'll save my pennies instead now, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back