Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Anti Theft Security System for Motorbike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ikelectro

hello, every body I want to build a security system for my motorbike. I like to use a sensor which works on the pricncple of pressure. As, a motorbike generally highly weighted. So I'm preferring a kind of pressure sensor. So, I just want to ask you what kind of Pressure Sensor should I use ?

Hy ikelectro,

How are you using the pressure sensor? Is your bike placed on the sensor when parked so that you know if the bike is moved off the sensor? How heavy is your bike or preferably can you give the model number and if it is unusual please post an image (obscure the number plate though)? What is the pressure sensor connected to, presumably an alarm of some sort?

spec

Is your bike placed on the sensor when parked so that you know if the bike is moved off the sensor?
Yes, I want to make it like that. When the bike removed from the predefined place, the sensor will trigger a siren.

How heavy is your bike
probably 120kg to 130kg..

Can you describe the siren input and circuit? What power supply will be available?

spec

Can you describe the siren input and circuit? What power supply will be available?

spec

I have not decided yet about the circuit. Once I find a suitable sensor for this project, I'll go further.
But the thing will look more like this.

SENSOR ------------ → MCU -------------- → ALARM

RFID KEY _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ↑

N.B. RFID key will be used as authentication.

Last edited:
Instead of a pressure sensor, have you considered using a simple switch linked to the bike's suspension so that lifting the bike or sitting on the bike would actuate the switch?

Instead of a pressure sensor, have you considered using a simple switch linked to the bike's suspension so that lifting the bike or sitting on the bike would actuate the switch?

wow, great thinking. Thanks.
I really didn't think about it. But which kind of switch should I use here?

a magnetic reed switch would work, and depending on how its wired, it would consume no energy. A magnectic hall switch is the same but in an IC chip and would consume a small trickle of energy (0.3mA).
just some quick ideas i had.

A padlock through the spokes does a lot of good and requires zero power to work effectively.

It's even better if it used to attach a length of high-grade chain to a solid anchor point external of the motorbike or for added audible chain break detection a wire threaded in a loop through the chain that sets off an alarm when broken will work.

Thieves want an easy score and not something they have to actually work for unless it has high value to them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back