Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ant will not die inside micro-wave oven

Status
Not open for further replies.

t.o.

I found some ants inside the micro-wave oven the other day. An evil thought comes to my mind of cooking them alive. No, no matter how hard I tried by varing the time and power, they still laughted at me.

Try sticking a small cup of water into the microwave with the ants. I'm pretty sure ants have water inside them though.

t.o. said:
I found some ants inside the micro-wave oven the other day. An evil thought comes to my mind of cooking them alive. No, no matter how hard I tried by varing the time and power, they still laughted at me.
I guess I won't be coming to dinner at your house anytime soon. The cruel joke is that anything you put in there to get rid of them may ultimaely end up in your food. Is it time for a new microwave(??)

heating a large volume of water for 20-30 min, so as to really heat the cavity with hot steam should do-in any ants, assuming they can't escape the cavity into cooler areas inside the mechanical portion of the microwave. it works good for loosing that crusted on food that should have been cleaned out months ago too ;)

Perhaps it's because ants are too small compared to the wavelengh to absorb enough radiation.

Did it have ANY effect on them at all? Huh... That is odd...

What you need is a microwave/convection oven combo like I have. They may escape the electromagnetic radiation but good old thermal radiation gets them every time!

Most living tissue will undergo severe and deep thermal burns when put into a microwave...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back