Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Another dead DVD player...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Andre1 said:
Aaaah...those Akai reel to reel tape decks. When I was a teenager, a friend had one. I really envied him - what marvellous decks Akai made.
If you are impressed with Akai or Teac products, you step into the world of superb quality and experience Studer Revox products. Only the Tascam, Fostex, and Otari brands are worthwhile oriental decks. The remainder of them (like Teac, Akai, Pioneer) are not much more than nice looking consumer grade crap.

Nigel Goodwin said:
What was wrong with it?.

Oh, sorry. I thought i posted why... :)

Well, as i said before, the eye went up too high, and ran into the disk. So, i had the theory that something got smudged on the eye, and the eye couldn't focus, so it would go too high. What i did was i took my finger, and wiped the eye off, as well as push it down some. Then i took some cleaning cloth, and polished up the lens. Then it worked!

I am not sure for how much longer, but hey, it works for now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back