Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Another 7 - segment led Mystery

Status
Not open for further replies.

birdman0_o

My dual 7 segment led has a two decimal point places, one after each number. The problem is it only has 16 Pins and I am not able to figure out how to turn on the decimal. 2 x 7 segments = 14 + 2 for power = 16 total. Anybody have any ideas?

I don't think the display has two power pins since segment power is provided by the segment connections, so one of the two extra pins may be for one of the decimal points and the other is common. But that still leaves the second decimal point unaccounted for.

I have lots and lots of 7-segment displays, both single and dual-digit, that have inoperational "segments", hence no pins for all the apparent possibilities. The "fronts" of the displays are somewhat generic and the substrate where the actual LEDs are often are not populated everywhere for cost savings. So, you may have a display that has two decimals but only one is operational; a ±, but maybe half doesn't work because the end user didn't want a + to confuse his product's display.

Hey guys, the part number is LTD432PC
I doubt you will find the DS though, I spent 30 mins ending up with dead end links. Good luck if you have secret sources :O

It was quite common to have the appearance of two DPs on a 7seg display but only have one usable DP.

Hey guys, the part number is LTD432PC
I doubt you will find the DS though, I spent 30 mins ending up with dead end links. Good luck if you have secret sources :O
I didn't have any trouble finding a **broken link removed** with Google. The part doesn't seem to have any decimal points.

Grr that's too bad. Now I'm embarrassed about my browsing skills. I had just typed LTD432PC into google and none of the datasheet providers worked on the first two pages of hits on google :(
Thank you for your time guys :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back