Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

anntena info

Status
Not open for further replies.

tdm24

if any body who can offer any information about anntena and how we can build
it from a wire

Please advise:
- frequency of your radio?
- where will you put the antenna? above your roof, or in your hand, or taped to your pet armadillo, or hanging from the back of your airplane?
- what direction do you want your signal to go?
- how far do you want your signal to go?
- how much money can you spend on materials?
- what country are you in?

Have some Xperience w/ short wave recievers and CB's. A simple antennea is a wire in the air. My best antennea for a short wave reciever was to make an "electric fence" around the eves of my house, with an insulated wire coming in to the back of the radio. LATER< I built a 2d antennae from a 10' piece of 1/2" conduit / 1/2 bolt in the top of it drilled/tapped for a full CB whip on top of that with 3 of the bolt corners ground off & drilled and tapped ,and auto FM (solid) antennaes screwed into the corners like radials. With eigher antennae I was able to recieve around the world. With both - I recieved strong/clear signal anywhere. PLEASE NOTE - these were for recievers only. SENDING antennae need to be for the specific frequency being sent. The 1st listed is the simplest & easiest to install - BEST if NOT under tin rain gutter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back