Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Analyzing RF frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

5150ii

Hi, I recently purchased a TI EZ430 chrono watch which is fully programmable.

**broken link removed**

the watch is a wireless development tool operating on 433 mhz.. some other users have programmed the watch to operate their lighting.

to do this they used an oscilloscope to see the frequency range of the demodulated data from there remote control.

can you tell me what type of oscilloscope I need to use to do the same for the 433mz range. do I need a 500 mhz oscilloscope??

the video example was using the 868mhz version of the watch it is located here:
YouTube - TI Chronos (MSP430) Controlling My Bedroom Light

I have 433mhz rf remotes and want to code them but I need the Oscilloscope to get the data from them or something that can..

You've already said they used a scope to "see the frequency range of the demodulated data from there remote control." So you only need a low frequency scope, preferably a storage/digital type.

You could probably do the same with the PICKit2 in Analyser mode. Or a PC sound card and Audacity.

I noticed that if I take my guitar and set the remote on top of the pickup and press a button that I hear the frequencies. I ran pro-tools and added an equalizer, then I set all the low frequencies off so I could demodulate the data.

I recorded the sound of the on and off buttons. I zoomed in on the graph and I noticed that both graphs were different. I'm just not sure how to read it or what to look for, I'm a newbie at all this..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back