Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Analog output PICs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've not seen any, but many have hardware PWM which can be used, followed by a low-pass filter (which a normal D2A requires anyway).

Or you could use 8 pins to feed an R2R ladder, giving 8 bit resolution.

Both of those options will work but if the impedance of the load you're driving is low, you'll need a buffer.

The PIC also needs to be powered from a stable 5V supply.

It looks expensive.

The 18F1330 has a built-in 10-bit A/D converter module. And those chips are quite a bit more recent than the 16F88 :D

I have had great success with the ADC on these chips, and have used it in several applications. IMO it's definitely worth looking into.

Regards,
Der Strom

Last edited:
The 18F1330 has a built-in 10-bit A/D converter module. And those chips are quite a bit more recent than the 16F88 :D

I have had great success with the ADC on these chips, and have used it in several applications. IMO it's definitely worth looking into.

So, you're not only responding to a three year old post, you're also doing it completely wrongly!.

The thread is about D2A - NOT A2D.

A great many PIC's have multi-channel 10 bit A2D, as does the 16F88 mentioned.

So, you're not only responding to a three year old post, you're also doing it completely wrongly!.

The thread is about D2A - NOT A2D.

A great many PIC's have multi-channel 10 bit A2D, as does the 16F88 mentioned.

Oh, yikes. Sorry--I guess that's what you meant by "look at the date" :p Very sorry about that.
And I guess I misread the original post. Thanks for pointing that out, Nigel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back