Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

An electronic device that cools with voltage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bman

Hi all,

OK so this is a bit out there and as my first post, please don't flame me back to the Stone Age. :eek:

I've been hunting around for an electronic device that cools when voltage is applied. The cooling effect cannot be offset by an equal heating effect e.g. Peltier.

I thought there was someone working on a semiconductor which cooled with voltage but haven't found it on Google yet.

I had a look at thermocouples and thought by chance there may be a thermocouple metal combination that may have a negative or low temp but obviously resistance is in all junctions.

Anyone know of such a device?

Thanks in advance!

The cooling effect cannot be offset by an equal heating effect e.g. Peltier.
Sorry it's not possible, the heat must go somewhere otherwise it would violate the 1st law of thermodynamics.

To cool something you must take head away from it but the heat needs to go somewhere, it can't just disappear!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back