Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Amplifying a signal to drive LED's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

things

Hi, I have a Lego Mindstorms RCX system here, and I like using live control with it, however, since it uses IR to communicate between the computer and the RCX brick, as soon as the sensors arent aligned, it no longer gets signal. the IR transmitting tower is USB powered, and has 3 IR LED's in it, and another black thing which looks like it'd be an IR receiver. I was wondering, is there any way I could tap into the signal of these LED's, amplify it with a transistor of some sort, so I could drive more LED's (Like to place around the robot) so it wouldn't go out of range? A high power IR star LED would be cool also.

Any idea's?

Cheers,
Dan :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back