Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

amperage of 8 AA cells connected in series ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i use 4 bits.

the parallel port would just output 4 bits to the dtmf generator chip
in the remote which will produce the tones (sounds).
when hand held, i will punch in those 4 bits.

toy cars use 4 bits too, you can have the remote and then connect them to the computer. use the receiver, but removet the bridge that drives the motor.
o, and another question, why do you have 4 motors? i think that 2 are enough

the other two motors r for the "parallel jaw gripper" hand.

Why will eight dry cells connected in series not start a car compared to an equivalent twelve volts

Why will eight dry cells connected in series not start a car compared to an equivalent twelve volts

First:
You are responding to a thread that is 7 years old.

Second:
As stated before the current of 8 dry cells in series will be no more than that of one cell.
In order to start a car the battery must supply 100 to 200 amps or more, of current over a short period of time.
A dry cell cannot supply that current.
Due to the internal resistance , a fully charged AA cell would provide less than 3 amps

Last edited:
Go to the website of a battery manufacturer like Energizer or Duracell and look at the detailed datasheet for their AA alkaline battery cell. It can give 10A for two seconds into a dead short or 0.5A for over 2 hours when the 1.5V has dropped to 1.2V.

Attachments

• AA Alkaline 1A.PNG
    AA Alkaline 1A.PNG
    10.8 KB · Views: 183
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back