Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

alarm house 16f877 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I program with winpic800 and icprog.
programming is normally ok at the end.
reading the 16F877 is also normally
with winpic800 and icprog.
when I delete the pic is also good.
reading indicates 3FFF ... ... so it's good 3FFF
but I do not understand why the pic does not work with any program! ?....

my 16f877 -----> Imageshack - 16f87720p

blueroomelectronics I can not find ? thank.
..... hex if possible i have difficulty
convert asm.to .hex

Last edited:
blueroomelectronics I can not find ? thank.
..... hex if possible i have difficulty
convert asm.to .hex

Use Mpasm to generate the hex file from the assembly code...

You can download Mpasm from Microchip's website

I use MPLAB v8
I never managed to create a. hex from a file asm
Here is what I do and every time an error

project wizard --> next...16f877 --> next --> indic.location Mpaswin.exe ..---> next
creat name project file ..next --->add file asm..--> completed

after
....project open file project...---> make ------> error !!

I use MPLAB v8
I never managed to create a. hex from a file asm
Here is what I do and every time an error

project wizard --> next...16f877 --> next --> indic.location Mpaswin.exe ..---> next
creat name project file ..next --->add file asm..--> completed

after
....project open file project...---> make ------> error !!
and not a C:\ myfile\firsttry.asm

I have had a 16f877 stop working and all it was is the osc stoped working. I wouldn't throw it away
it's more likely something your doing.

Last edited:
You building this on a solder less bread board right try two things first clip a gnd on the OSC to gnd see if that works If not remove c5 and c4 and see if that works

Alors,

I have found my issue of EP numer 265.....Sadly that issue is no longer avaiable so I cant download the source code...

Suffice to say, I built a project from another issue called Meleda, based on 16F84 that refused to work...So I wouldnt rule out a s/w issue...

This is what get's me Op ask for help with this but no code has been posted and they said they tried it with a 16f84 and no go. If you look at the circuit for 16f84 it has a 4 mhz crystal so if you left the 20mhz on the board it wouldn't work the start up delays would be to fast for the lcd.**broken link removed**

Last edited:
c4 and c5 removed, that does not function.

the program of this alarm ----->

Free - Envoyez vos documents

is somebody has a simple program (leds) for tested this 16f877 and knowledge s' it is good?

I specify once again that several programs were tested with this 16f877 and no n' functioned!

I can't read that maybe if you want this fix you would take time to post it so we can help you. a hex is not much good if some thing goes wrong you need the code

One do not understand .

If you look at my post since the debut, kept silent will see that it is an assembly (editing) of electronique practice ( alarm ) with one 16f877 and a quartz of 20mhz.
My probléme it is to know if my 16f877 is good....?

Last edited:
Bill they want a hex that blinks. yes you put the thing together so you can call it
kept silent will see that it is an assembly (editing)
Still need the source code not a hex I can build them and write them
It's hard to help you because we can't see what your doing and your writing is worst then mine

my lcd is good with the program of this page

**broken link removed**

test my lcd -->
Imageshack - hellw

it is necessary that I find the same program test for a 16f877. to know if the 16f877 really died

it is necessary that I find the same program test for a 16f877. to know if the 16f877 really died

Do what Blueroom electronics suggested...flash an led....You can write the code so that you could test each pin individually or sequentially...

;*** WDT reset toggles RB0
list p=16F877A
include <p16F877A.inc>
__CONFIG 0x3F7D
org 0
bsf STATUS, RP0
movlw b'00001110'
movwf OPTION_REG
bcf TRISB, 0
bcf STATUS, RP0
movlw 1
xorwf PORTB, f
sleep
end

BRE, Hope you dont mind me posting the code...

Last edited:
I do not include/understand ? with which diagram ? (schématic)

thank

Last edited:
Follow the link....schema is at the bottom of the page...

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back