Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

aiwa amp mx-z7000m

Status
Not open for further replies.

ELECTRO22

hi just joined i have aiwa amplifer mx-z7000m but i cannot find it schematic manual i need it to find out which parts i could change to make it alot louder than it is thank you

ELECTRO22 said:
hi just joined i have aiwa amplifer mx-z7000m but i cannot find it schematic manual i need it to find out which parts i could change to make it alot louder than it is thank you

There's no way to do that, apart from a complete rebuild of the power amplifier, power supply, and different speakers!.

Default aiwa amp mx-z7000m

i jus want to mak it jus slighlty louder like 20 watts louder and i knw the power supply will handle it as the amplifier has huge transformer on it which i tink shud power it easily to 20 watts extra at the momnet it is 60 watts each i wnat it upto like 80 watts

Attachments

• Image025.jpg
    Image025.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 984
Last edited:
ELECTRO22 said:
i jus want to mak it jus slighlty louder like 20 watts louder and i knw the power supply will handle it as the amplifier has huge transformer on it which i tink shud power it easily to 20 watts extra at the momnet it is 60 watts each i wnat it upto like 80 watts

The difference between 60W and 80W is barely noticable, and you STILL need to rebuild the power amp and replace the mains transformer.

aiwa

anyway k dn am jus a beginner wt cn i do to the amp u knw any mods dt cn improve sound jus a simple circuit u knw like cross over or filter or sumting

You could have a go at making a couple of filters using op-amps, low pass, high pass, only need a couple of parts and it is something to start with

ELECTRO22 said:
anyway k dn am jus a beginner wt cn i do to the amp u knw any mods dt cn improve sound jus a simple circuit u knw like cross over or filter or sumting

Why do you think that would improve the sound? - it's not deliberately crippled or anything, and should already sound pretty good.

What is your problem with it's sound?.

Every 3 dB the power is doubled. So to hear 3 dB louder you need to reach 120 Watts!!!!

But Note that 3dB is the least increase in audio level most people can differentiate!!!

Is it worth the trouble?

May be you have to leave it as it is (like Nigel suggested) or buy a new one.

Ioannis

I think U should rebuild your amp. Because chnaging the transformer with a high voltage transformer may damage your existing amp. U should try something else....
A link for a new better amp is as =-
www.westhost.com

If your speakers have a low sensitivity of 89dB, then replacing them with speakers with a 95dB sensitivity will be like using an amplifier with 4 times as much power you have now. A little louder.
Ten times the power sounds only twice as loud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back