Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Seeking terminals for AMP 926108 edge connector socket

Status
Not open for further replies.

jelliott

It's an old automotive connector, https://www.te.com/usa-en/product-926108-1.html, although the one I'm looking at has six pins:
IMG_7740.JPG

I'm hoping somebody on here knows a compatible terminal part number. It can't be too terribly unique, can it?

Thanks,
Joe Elliott

Well, despite the TE website listing nothing under 'Compatible Parts,' they actually responded to an email inquiry and answered my question: 583259-4 is the compatible terminal. (However, it only accommodates wires up to 20 AWG, so if any of the experts here can point me towards a compatible "Modified Fork" terminal that accommodates bigger wires, it'd be much appreciated.)

It looks more like a PCB edge connector to me
There are many different types..
Yes, it is definitely a PCB edge connector, specifically AMP 926108 (unknown dash number). I initially didn't upload a photo of the back side (shown on the TE website), but here you go:
IMG_7693.JPG

It seems the the bigger-gauge terminal I need is 583362-7 (or possibly 583363-?), but I can't seem to find anyone selling them in quantities of less than 6000! Does anyone know where I can get just one or two (or 10 or 50, frankly, if that's what it takes? (Or, alternatively, as Ian suggests above, an entirely different six-pin .156" pitch edge connector for .063" thick mating edge??)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back