Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Again, more gamer stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nostrafus

Okay, well again for Warhammer 40K, I wanted to build a real stone wall using mortar, or plaster of paris, but I want to give it a battle scarred look, and I wanted to use real explosives, so I wanted to know which would be better.

Just getting a really long fuse, and run like hell.

Or.

Use a remote detonator.

I myself am a pyro, but when it comes to blowing up little stuff, I don't know much, I only make big explosions.

I'm probably going to use m-80's, but I guess if I wanted to go for electro-detonator, I'd probably going to go for RDX (Low grade C-4 plastic explosive)

What you cook up in your kitchen sink is betwwen you, your missus and the sewage comapany, and after seeing the damage premature detonation of the "m-80" causes to soft tissue I can see your need for remote detonation.

Just for the record can you clarify , being in england I am not wholly familiar with us law , but arn't m-80's illegal to own in your country?

Well they are in my state, in some states they're still legal, so instead of doing the dumb thing, and going out to the closest one right across state lines, the day before independence day, when the police are watching every close by fireworks stand, I get a friend from the state to go up with me, park the car at their house, then take their car, so if anyone is watching they get me, plus him, in a local car instead of a car with license plates from my state, which is what they looks for.

Then we go back to his house, load it up in the trunk and head home.

Heh, sneaky eh ?

Also the police look the other way when fireworks are set off on july 4th, since it's a national holiday and all, plus I'm friends with many of the local police, and my father works for a police department in another city, but he's well known in most of the state, if not by name, then by case.

hmmm... I just remembered something, If I get a high power bb gun, I can actually replicate explosions with an unloaded gun, the pressure from the air blasts a hole through most soft stuff, I should know, I use to make mini-explosions in mud when I was bored... heh, shows you how few hobbies/friends I had when I was a kid... so If I get it while it's still wet, I may be able to do it without the possibility of injury.

The only problem is do I feel like shelling out $100 for an airgun, and co2 tanks I'll have to check prices

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back