Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Aftermarket LCD swap ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Farrancampbell

Hey how is everyone doing ? I am new to the forum and I really need help with an idea that I have. Hopefully can someone can provide some insight for me. I am interested in installing an aftermarket radio in my car. I looked on EBay and I found one that would be really cool. It's 8.8" and wide screen that is made to fit the dimensions on the opening for my car. **broken link removed**

The problem with this and other Chinese made products is that the processing units are very primitive and cheaply made. The features are made to mimic the features need but they don't add up to the larger name companies interfaces. I was wondering if I purchased this unit.
https://m.ebay.com/itm/271997282207

Is it possible to intechange the LCD's between the two products ? Using the LCD I like with the processor that I like ?? If so can you suggest someone who can do this ? If it can't be done can someone suggest something to make the radio processing system more like a dedicated radio as opposed to a sub par mini computer in place of a radio ?

Last edited:
I think you will wind up with a Kludge...

Yea that is my fear, I was hoping maybe if you couldn't transfer the LCD maybe I could retrofit the internals of the pioneer to the 8.8" unit. The last thing I would want is a kludge. But thank you so much for your reply and thank you for taking the time out to contemplate this for me. I'm open to any viable options

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back