Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MP3 Battery Swap Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

TechCPR

Hello all,

I’m trying to replace the battery in my mp3 player; I managed to find a replacement online via the part number on the original battery. When the battery arrived, I noticed that the wires on the new battery were thicker gauge than the original. What I was wondering is, will the new battery still work correctly without causing damage to my mp3 player? I would have to trim the wires down to about 1/4 the length to fit. Or should I remove the thicker wires and solder the old thinner gauge wires to the new battery contacts?

Sony Walkman NWZ-E354
Old battery wire = .5mm
New battery wire = 1.25mm

Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back