Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Aerial Connection on TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

bryan1

Hiya Guy's,
I went and visited a mate today and he had the back of his AKAI TV set off. One of his kids broke the input for the aerial off and on looking at it closely I reckon I could solder a wire to the broken bit on the set then resolder the input back on a bit higher using a stand off bit. My thoughts are it could cause a heap of interference so I suggested buying a new part which number is 3B9/126CWA, the set is an Akai CTD21A. The shielded box has off memory about 8 pins plus 4 legs soldered to hold the shield. There is one cap soldered on the back which I could take off and resolder later. But the question for you T.V. guru's is what would be the cost of the replacement part in a ball park figure and would it be a simple case of desoldering the old one and resoldering the new part in. Sorry if this is a real basic question but I hope I can fix my mates TV cheaply.

Cheers Bryan :D

bryan1 said:
Hiya Guy's,
I went and visited a mate today and he had the back of his AKAI TV set off. One of his kids broke the input for the aerial off and on looking at it closely I reckon I could solder a wire to the broken bit on the set then resolder the input back on a bit higher using a stand off bit. My thoughts are it could cause a heap of interference so I suggested buying a new part which number is 3B9/126CWA, the set is an Akai CTD21A. The shielded box has off memory about 8 pins plus 4 legs soldered to hold the shield. There is one cap soldered on the back which I could take off and resolder later. But the question for you T.V. guru's is what would be the cost of the replacement part in a ball park figure and would it be a simple case of desoldering the old one and resoldering the new part in. Sorry if this is a real basic question but I hope I can fix my mates TV cheaply.

That's the complete tuner, aerial sockets have been an integral part of the tuner on almost all TV's for a great many years.

Tuners vary greatly in price, and sometimes have the IF stages internally as well (which makes them even more expensive) - in general, in the UK, I would expect most to be more than £20 but less than £100.

Obviously it depends on the exact damage, but I've repaired many broken aerial sockets, by just soldering them back on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back