Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Address Decoding Circuit Design

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leon.h

Hello, I am designing an address decoder that responds to the address range 3E0 to 3EF, and would like to know the most efficient way to implement it? I have thought of using a digital comparator, but are there any other ways? Your help would be appreciated!

From the information you have provided, I'll assume your effective addresses are 10 bits wide. You can obviously ignore the lowest four bits, so you only need examine the top 6 bits.

You could accomplish this with a PAL very easily, or you could use some discrete logic such as AND/OR, NAND, etc. Basically if bits 9:5 are logic high and bit 4 is logic low, then you want to assert your output.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back