Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Adding input to Fm transmitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

kukla

Hey, first off I want to thank everyone who reads this and helps me out. Its really appreciated. and please try to excuse any dumb questions that I might ask.

I wasnted to build a small fm transmitter for my ipod so I could broadcast music to radios throughout my house, but I was unable to come across any specific schematics for this purpose. I was wondering if I would be able to build the transmitter shown below, but replace the microphone with an 1/8" input jack. Will I need to make any modifications to the schematic to add this jack?

Thanks alot for any of your help.

Chris Kukla.
fm_transmitter_mod4_pic_schem_181-gif.9921

My FM transmitter is mono, not stereo. It is quite powerful so it will broadcast all over your neighborhood. If it causes interference to a radio station then somebody might complain to the RF cops and they will look for your transmitter and will shoot you or chop off your head or whatever cops do to people who break the law in your country.

Remove the microphone and R1. Connect this stereo to mono converter/attenuator to C1 and to ground:

Attachments

• attenuator.PNG
    attenuator.PNG
    4.1 KB · Views: 165
audioguru said:
If it causes interference to a radio station then somebody might complain to the RF cops and they will look for your transmitter and will shoot you or chop off your head or whatever cops do to people who break the law in your country.
LOL!! **broken link removed**

But I haven't seen any RF cops in my country, so far. Maybe there is no "RF cops" on their uniform?

A guy built my FM transmitter then he saw the RF cops driving down his street the next day after he tested it. Their van moved slowly and had a rotating yagi antenna on top.

When I was a teenager I made a fan with a badly sparking motor. The RF cops found me and we had a nice chat about electronics, and that my fan was interfering with many TVs. They didn't shoot me and they didn't chop off my head.
The people who complained about my interference bought me a new fan.:D

audioguru said:
A guy built my FM transmitter then he saw the RF cops driving down his street the next day after he tested it. Their van moved slowly and had a rotating yagi antenna on top.

When I was a teenager I made a fan with a badly sparking motor. The RF cops found me and we had a nice chat about electronics, and that my fan was interfering with many TVs. They didn't shoot me and they didn't chop off my head.
The people who complained about my interference bought me a new fan.:D

This was the CRTC in Alberta? A friend of mine said he had the RF cops come see him, but I was skeptical. Maybe it's not so far-fetched?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back