Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Adding DC Offset bias to AC Signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luis1997

I am currently completing a project and it includes using a Step-Down Transformer to bring the mains Voltage (230V RMS 50Hz) down to 6V RMS. From here I have used a voltage divider to step down to 3.3Vpk-pk. However, the ADC for the microcontroller I am using has a range of 0-3.3V, and my signal gives -1.65 to 1.65V.

I attempted to solve this using the schematic attached where I used a coupling capacitor followed by a voltage divider (to bias the DC Offset voltage) however was not getting the desired result.

I appreciate any help! Thanks

Attachments

• DC Bias.PNG
    DC Bias.PNG
    54 KB · Views: 579
The voltage at the top of R1 should be 3.3V so that the DC voltage at the midpoint of the divider is +1.65V.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back