Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ADC0809 to PIC16FXX & LCD interface......

Status
Not open for further replies.

engr.ronche

Need some help! :( :( :?

I want to build a digital power supply using ADC0809 and PIC16f84 with an 4x20 LCD readout and 12button keypad. I need some idea for the voltage regulation regulation and how can i connect my ADC, PIC, keypad and LCD. My desired output is from 3V to 25V with an incremental value of 0.1V with a max current of 3A. Circuits diagrams are highly appreciated. or if there are any suggestions, ideas and comments are also welcome. :p

Please Help!! :wink: :lol:

engr.ronche said:
Need some help! :( :( :?

I want to build a digital power supply using ADC0809 and PIC16f84 with an 4x20 LCD readout and 12button keypad. I need some idea for the voltage regulation regulation and how can i connect my ADC, PIC, keypad and LCD. My desired output is from 3V to 25V with an incremental value of 0.1V with a max current of 3A. Circuits diagrams are highly appreciated. or if there are any suggestions, ideas and comments are also welcome. :p

Please Help!! :wink: :lol:

Personally I would use a higher spec PIC, the 16F84 is rather lacking in I/O pins (you would have to use pins to do more than one function, making life greatly more complicated) - moving to the 16F876 (28 pin) would give you sufficient pins, plus an internal 10 bit ADC - so you wouldn't need the external ADC.

The main 'problem' is getting an analogue output from the PIC, with the 16F876 you could use the hardware PWM and filter the output to give an analogue reference voltage. Failing that you could use an external DAC, a digital potentiometer, even a simple R2R ladder network.

iyhh

QUOTE=engr.ronche]Need some help! :( :( :?

Please Help!! :wink: :lol:[/QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back