ADc Suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lord loh.

I came across a temperature sensor called **broken link removed**which is supposed to give 0mv to 1v across 0c to 155c (10mv/c) output corresponging to the ambient temperature.

Suppose I try to make a digital temperature display for ambient temperature, I guess I would need an ADc to display the voltage in the form of temperature.

Could anyone suggest me a simple and inexpensive ADc.

All I want to do is to display it on a 7 segment display. I might use 7447 displays and not microcontrollers.

By far the cheapest and easiest way is to use a PIC (or other micro-controller), an 8 bit ADC is likely to cost more than a PIC containing a 10 bit one!.

Okay, I guess I shall try a microcontroller then... Never programed one... But I have got a crcuit for a AVR Pod Burner...

The ATMEL ATmega8535 has an inbuilt ADC which has a conversion time of 60 micro seconds. This shall give a maximum sampling of not more than 16.666 KHz.

Do the expensive dedicated ADc give better results? The inbuilt ADcs shall do for a temperature sensor but to build a Digital Storage Oscilloscope?

Could you suggest a few microcontrollers with better ADcs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…