Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ADc Suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lord loh.

I came across a temperature sensor called **broken link removed**which is supposed to give 0mv to 1v across 0c to 155c (10mv/c) output corresponging to the ambient temperature.

Suppose I try to make a digital temperature display for ambient temperature, I guess I would need an ADc to display the voltage in the form of temperature.

Could anyone suggest me a simple and inexpensive ADc.

All I want to do is to display it on a 7 segment display. I might use 7447 displays and not microcontrollers.

lord loh. said:
I came across a temperature sensor called **broken link removed**which is supposed to give 0mv to 1v across 0c to 155c (10mv/c) output corresponging to the ambient temperature.

Suppose I try to make a digital temperature display for ambient temperature, I guess I would need an ADc to display the voltage in the form of temperature.

Could anyone suggest me a simple and inexpensive ADc.

All I want to do is to display it on a 7 segment display. I might use 7447 displays and not microcontrollers.

By far the cheapest and easiest way is to use a PIC (or other micro-controller), an 8 bit ADC is likely to cost more than a PIC containing a 10 bit one!.

The ATMEL ATmega8535 has an inbuilt ADC which has a conversion time of 60 micro seconds. This shall give a maximum sampling of not more than 16.666 KHz.

Do the expensive dedicated ADc give better results? The inbuilt ADcs shall do for a temperature sensor but to build a Digital Storage Oscilloscope?

Could you suggest a few microcontrollers with better ADcs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back