Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AD5933 in 4-electrodes configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnWalecki

Hi,

I would like to design analog front end for the AD5933 to be able to measure bioimpedance. Thus, I need to have 4-electrodes measurement. I have previous experience and fully-operating AD5933-based device in 2-electrode configuration. Does anyone have idea how to implement Howland-circuit or similar current source?

John

I'm not sure I can help, but when I used to do thin film resistivity measurements. Force and sense could be arbitrarily arranged I+, V+, I-, V- Around the bulk material. The probes were electrically rotated and an I-V curve generated again. With perfect symmetry and homoginity, the lines would lie on top of one another, A formula was applied and the ohms/square was derived. Some wierd function was applied if the curves were way off. It's some paper for measuring resistivity using a 4 probe method. Units were ohms/square.

Not sure how to get a force sense using your chip. Resistivity required the thickness.

An inline method could be used too with 4 probes. I on the outside and measured V on the inside, Polarity was reversed as a check. probe distances and currents were designed so that the result was ohms/square Look for 4 point probe for measuring sheet resistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back