Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AC125 good or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edmond

Hi!

I have got an interesting question. I want do decide that my AC125 (old Ge transistor) is good or not. I used a Voltcraft M3650B DMM, set in diode measuring position. Between B-E and B-C the forward voltage is 300mV, the reverse voltage is out of range. It seems fine. Between C-E is 1500 mV in booth direction. Is it possible? Or is the transistor dead? I haven’t got another one to compare with.

Thanks your opinion.

Between C-E is 1500 mV in both direction. Or is the transistor dead?

I'd say yes, it's dead.

I don't have an AC125, but just pulled out a 2N404, and I measure everything you do, except C-E measures open in both directions, as one would presume.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back