Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AC RLC circuit problem, IrwinExt8.8

Status
Not open for further replies.

PG1995

Hi

Please have a look on the attachment. My answer doesn't match with the given answer although I have checked it several times. Please help me with it. Thanks.

Regards
PG

Attachments

• IMG.jpg
    IMG.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 262
Thanks a lot for giving it a look. I have solved it. I made a very childish and silly mistake! :( I'm sorry.

With best wishes
PG

applying KVL and phasors, ExtIrwin8.12

Hi

Please have a look on the attachment. It has my query there. Please help me with it. Thank you.

Regards
PG

Attachments

• IMG.jpg
    IMG.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 258
Hi,

Writing a little hard to read, if it was typed out it would be much easier to read.

However, a quick look, i have to wonder where you came up with the 2.8 from. If it is because the amplitude is 8, then shouldnt it be 2*2.8, or more exactly, 2*sqrt(8) ?

Also, another approach which might be a little interesting is to solve this circuit backwards. If Vo was the input and Vi was the output, you could easily solve it, right? By 'backwards' though i mean to solve the circuit 'forward' the way you normally would, then simply solve for the input rather than the output. Writing it forward you'll come out with the same equation as if you were solving for Vout, but then solve for Vin instead of Vout as the following will illustrate:
General form for the forward equation:
Vout=Vin*H(s)
So we just solve this for Vin:
Vin=Vout/H(s)

It's always good to have a second way to calculate something so that you can check your results.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot, MrAl.

Actually I had made an error at the very end. Now I have corrected it. I really appreciate your input.

Best regards
PG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back