Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Circuit Protection, Eutectic Alloys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thender21

Hello,

I dont know very much about this but different metals and alloys have varying rates of phase change.

And the word Eutectic seems to describe those that go from solid immediately to liquid.

**broken link removed**

Eutectic Alloy

This is an alloy of lead, tin and other metals that, by metallurgi- cal definition, changes from a solid directly to a liquid when its melting point is reached. This alloy is used in EDISON Class R fuses for dependable overload element operation.

I was right. Some day I need to scope current on one of these and have a look at the blow time and current.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back