Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AC Motor Control

Status
Not open for further replies.
the broucher does explain your solution already

Instructions:
Water flow decreases when the Venturi feature is used. If no air is desired or if you prefer to use the Maxi-Jet with the Prefilter Grid, do not install the Air Tube. Cover the Venturi opening with the enclosed clear-plastic Venturi Plug.

did you try it also without pluging the ventury opening so that it sucks water instead of air? and if you did what was the result?

as for the price of the pump all efforts to reduce the flow rate electricaly are probably more expencive than looking for a new and somewhat smaller version

Robert-Jan

fish Tank Supplies > Fish Tank Pump & Power Head > Fish Tank Power Head > Maxi-Jet & Mini-Jet Powerheads

Maxi-Jet Powerheads & Mini-Jet Powerheads from Aquarium Systems

Aquarium Systems powerheads are very popular and well-reviewed for being sturdy and reliable. Powerful, saltwater safe pumps provide inexpensive, excellent performance with little maintenance. Maxi-Jet powerheads are among the few that can handle the on/off strain of electric wavemakers; they work well in a variety of different flow situations and have excellent lift power for the GPH rating. Silent motors are well-housed to prevent overheating. They also have an optional aerating function. Mini-Jets are small, completely immersible pumps ideal for sump use or smaller applications. Parts available.

Maxi-Jet 400 PH Powerhead 106gph

Regular price: $14.99
Sale price: $13.99 Maxi-Jet 600 Powerhead 160gph

Regular price: $17.49
Sale price: $15.99 Maxi-Jet 900 PH Powerhead 230gph

Regular price: $19.99
Sale price: $18.99 Maxi Jet 1000 Power Head

$17.99

Maxi-Jet 1200 PH Powerhead 295gph

Regular price: $22.99
Sale price: $20.99 Mini Jet 404 Adjustable Flow Mini-Pump

Regular price: $13.49
Sale price: $12.49 Mini Jet 606 Adjustable Flow Mini-Pump

Regular price: $17.49
Sale price: $15.99

with these prices there is no way i would consider to modify a pump flow
i would put my efford in trying to change the pump over at the store for one of those adjustible ones with a lower flow rate

i thing if you just change over and don't ask for the price difference that they don't make to much trouble and otherwise you just buy one it's less than $20 (i bett your fish are more expensive)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back