Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cwible

Hi guys,

I am currently working with an AC Integrator and have a square wave as my input while my output is a triangular wave.

e.PNG

I am confused why the triangular wave has a decreasing slope when the square wave is at +4V. I believe it has something to do with the area under the square wave, but I am not sure.

Thanks for the help.

I am confused why the triangular wave has a decreasing slope when the square wave is at +4V.
What decreasing slope?
I don't understand your concern.

Your output is an inverted version of the integrated value of the square wave. So when the square wave goes negative, the output begins to rise. When your input square wave goes positive, the output begins to fall. What you see is as expected for an inverting integrator.

Positive current into an integrator (opamp with capacitor in the feedback) causes the output of the opamp to slew in the negative direction
2.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back