Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AC amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

ebuka_2

Please I need any information on how I can build an AC amplifier with an output-input ratio of 20 or 10. Please any suggestion is appreciated.

I'm not meaning to be rude but what is the point of this?

What exactly are you trying to do?

This isn't one of the things that you would normally do in isolation; it is typically part of a larger project. It is easier for us to provide help if we can see the bigger picture.

ok

Thing is that I am trying to uprate an inverter of output power 500W to 1000W. What and what are I going to do about it, Thank you.

That would require doubling the current. It's unlikely the batteries, the current switching FETs or the transformer would let you do this. Especially the transformer. They are built to handle a certain amount ot power. They cannot be made to increase that capability.

Just use a transformer with a turns ration of 2 to 1 with the device plugged into the 2 turn side. Make sure you call the firemen and paramedics before you do this. Hopefully the inverter will just blow a fuse or not power up.

Last edited:
We've already had this before.

A 1kW inverter at 12V isn't really very practical.You can buy them but it't generally better to up the voltage to something sensible like 48V for such high powerlevels.

Thank you

What if I use 24vdc for it, will it produce something arround 1KW? I really need to complete this project. Thank you.

The 500W inverter that I posted all over the web uses a 12V battery. It can have an output of 1kW and use a 24V battery if you use a 12V regulator for its CD4047 oscillator and use a 48V center-tapped (24V-0V-24V) custom-made 1200W transformer.

It has a simple square-wave output that many electronic products don't work with. What will you power with it?

https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/i-need-a-1000w-12vdc-240vac-inverter.30108/

Also not that the appliances you've mentioned don't require more than 100W unless you've got all of them running at once and even then they still won't take 1kW.

Whay can't you buy a 500W inverter that's rated for 1kW peak?

That would be a far more sensibel option as you'll have a unit that's tried and tested and it'll be able to handle the peak demand.

Why?

There are far more worthwhile educational projects than this?

You can easilly find designs for 500W on the Internet, why don't you just use one and uprate it?

As a beginer I want to construct it first and know its principles, then I can be able to uprate any existing one.

Then (by your own admission) it's probably best to build a 500W inverter then, when you've got it working, think about uprating it to 1000W.

This inverter circuit is garbage. It should be burned.

Its capacitors are backwards so they blow up, its transistors have avalanche breakdown of their reverse-biased emitter-base junctions (which creates a very high current in the backwards capacitors) and the transistors don't have anywhere near enough base current for any power output. It gives an output of about 25W at a reduced voltage, just before the capacitors blow up:

Attachments

• bad inverter.PNG
    bad inverter.PNG
    23.3 KB · Views: 136
Another fine circuit from the world of Aroncake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back