Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

About CD4060B an oscillator section and 14 ripple-carry binary counter stages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ikelectro

In this IC I'm using a 32.768 KHz Crystal. And My Most needed frequency are 64 Hz and 65 Hz. I can easily get the 64 hz but can't get the 65 Hz. so what I have to do to get the 65 Hz???
It'll be very helpful if you guys reply with your enormous experience. View attachment 68820
I need 65 Hz also....

If pulse spacing isn't important you could inject an extra pulse every 64 pulses.
Or you could use a 33.280kHz crystal (if such an animal exists :() with another 4060.

You might consider a binary Rate Multiplier such as the CD4089. They can provide odd division ratios to generate arbitrary output frequencies from a fixed frequency input.

If pulse spacing isn't important you could inject an extra pulse every 64 pulses.
Or you could use a 33.280kHz crystal (if such an animal exists :() with another 4060.

duty cycle must be 50% !!!!!!;)

You might consider a binary Rate Multiplier such as the CD4089. They can provide odd division ratios to generate arbitrary output frequencies from a fixed frequency input.

ok, just downloaded the datasheet, let see what happen!!!:D

A Binary Rate Multiplier may not work if you need a 50% duty-cycle output.

Edit: Upon further reflection, I don't think you can get there from here. To get an integer divider for both 64Hz and 65Hz means you would need a clock frequency of at least 4.16KHz or multiples of that. The closest value to 32.768kHz to meet that criteria would be 33.280kHz. Unfortunately I don't believe any multiples of that are standard crystal frequencies.

Last edited:
Hi crutschow.
yes thats the problem I'm facing. last day I'm trying to use GATE (AND, NOT Gates) to get the 65 Hz. but in the every OUTPUTs of the AND Gates the Duty cycle decreasing. and ultimately the frequency goes to ZERO (of U3A)!!
View attachment 68834

Last edited:
Use a micro like the C8051F321 or a PIC and program the output clock using the pre-load timer function. Any frequency within reason you need. 65 Hz is easy.
Anyway can you tell use why you need 65Hz. Most oscillators work on a power of two basis.

Use a micro like the C8051F321 or a PIC and program the output clock using the pre-load timer function. Any frequency within reason you need. 65 Hz is easy.
Anyway can you tell use why you need 65Hz. Most oscillators work on a power of two basis.

but I don't know Microcontroller. interface of the C8051F321 is easy to use?

Far from it. But it was only a suggestion if you were familiar with CPUs. A five minute job for someone familiar or a weeks worth for a novice.

ok then

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back