Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AAAA 1.5 Volt batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

RODALCO

This tip is handy if you require a small 1.5 Volt battery which doesn't cost you an arm or a leg.

I found it by coincidence while blowing up a 9 Volt battery.

The Energizer and Duracell 9 Volt batteries are made of 6 AAAA cells of 1.5 Volts each which can be used to power small electronic projects.

These cells are just a little smaller than the common AAA cell ( see attached YouTube video in which I made a comparison with AAA and AA cells )

Photo attached

YouTube - AAAA, AAA, AA, C, D and F Battery Cell comparison

Attachments

• DSC04943.JPG
    DSC04943.JPG
    126.8 KB · Views: 24,887
  • DSC04945.JPG
    DSC04945.JPG
    106.5 KB · Views: 1,974
  • DSC04946.JPG
    DSC04946.JPG
    107.8 KB · Views: 1,200
  • DSC04947.JPG
    DSC04947.JPG
    114.9 KB · Views: 1,354
I seen this sort of thing before.

It's not true with Nicad 9V batteries, they're made with lots of button cells layed on top of each other.

AAAA cells have almost half the weight of AAA cells and have half the capacity.

Colin : True, i did a search on Youtube and there are a few battery hack clips on it.

Audioguru : Correct, but they are cheaper than these little 1.5 Volt button cells.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back