Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A2 Systems and Control Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaotic_mark

I'm currently in (or just about to start) my second year of 6th form and for systems and control technology I have to make a project. This need not be to complicated electronically because marks are also gained for the housing, presentation etc and not just the circuit. The electronics side does however have to be synoptic - ie it should reflect the content of the course. This is slightly weird as we are supposed to start the project before doing the coure... :? but still. I know that PICs and also counters are on the syllabus so I think I should utilise one or both of those things - but my problem is I have no idea what to make. The project is supposed to be comercially viable, so in theory it could be marketed, and there has to be a reason to make it, like it has to solve a problem. Other than that there are no real guidelines, so long as it can be finished in 40 hours (approx). So any suggestions appreciated really, feel free to post questions if you want me to try and be more specific. Thanks for reading this as it is quite long!

Why don't you make a unit that can count people as they enter a building such as a museum etcs. Youcould use a 4501 and 4511 as the counter, or alternatively use a PIC chip. This isn't too complicated and from what I know of the Edexcel Systems & Control syllabus this should be synoptic.

How about a Thermoelectric (TE) cooler controller. Precicely controlled TE coolers are used to keep Laser transmitters, Thermal cameras and other temperature sensitive divices at a constant temp. I've built one and they aren't too hard to put together. TE coolers are fun to work with too. The project would use : simple control theory, AtoD, DtoA/PWM, simple power electronics, and PIC programming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back