Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A1712 P-Fet

Status
Not open for further replies.

justDIY

I harvested a few p-channel fets from a piece of power management pcb.

they are in an SOIC 8 package, markings:

A1712
S843

From the way they were wired, I'm certain they are fets and pretty sure they're P-fets, but other than this, I dont know anything else

google's not being a lot of help, I'd just like to know their ratings.

I tried searching Allegro and Analog neither have any fets matching that number ... any other suppliers with an A name?

I'm gonna go with your first hunch, the NEC ... especially since it mentions lithium protection / notebook power in the applications - that's exactly the circuit I extract it from

I did find that fairchild part searching those numbers on digikey, I guess the chip could be either, the ratings are fairly close... it could be neither as well, only one way to find out!

thanks!

If you can't find rateings you can always just set up a thermosistor coupled directly to the fet set at a typical over heating temperature and gradually increase the amperage through it till it starts overheating.

Sceadwian said:
If you can't find rateings you can always just set up a thermosistor coupled directly to the fet set at a typical over heating temperature and gradually increase the amperage through it till it starts overheating.

I was more worried about the voltage ... I don't think they overheat with too much voltage, they just breakdown, permanently?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back