Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A VHF/UHF video transmitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

agpraneet

I want to buy/build a VHF/UHF video transmitter that is affordable. I wish to hook it up with a camera( a cheap security camera with rca audio and video output) fitted on a r/c car so that i can transmit video to a portable tv. I dont wish to have a separate receiver and hence want the signal to be in vhf uhf range so that the television can catch the signal.

I want it to be cheap as the things i saw on the web comply to my requirements but are too costly. I am located in ncr region, india.

If possible tell me where i can buy it or how exactly can i make one of my own.

I dont have any knowledge of electronic circuits so the former is more preferable.

Actually I have a camera and only need a transmitter

And as I said before, I want to avoid the hassle of a receiver and want to directly transmit to the tv. I wish to fit it on a car and thus carrying the receiver around will be quite cumbersome. Also, I own a portable tv (Casio tv 770C) which is quite handy and hence I want to transmit the video to it. It can catch signals in uhf/vhf range.

If someone can tellme where to buy it in ncr or help me make it,Please do reply

Thanks for the reply

Well I dont need much range actually

anything above 50m sholud suffice

even something below 50m can be considered provided it is cost effective

You could use this **broken link removed**

Well the problem with it is that it is quite bulky and hence is very diffcult to mount on a rc car

But thanks all the same

I need something less bulky and less pricey available in india

You could try using the modulator from a VCR.

JimB

There are a number on ebay such as **broken link removed**

Will the UHF transmitter that is designed for America work with a TV in India?
Maybe the sync frequencies are wrong.

Thank you for showing interest in my problem
Maybe if you give me a circuit that has some backing that it works then maybe i will try to get it made by someone else. But only if it is foolproof.

You could try using the modulator from a VCR.

JimB

I dont have a vcr

There are a number on ebay such as **broken link removed**

The problem with that is it accepts input from a rf modulator.
But i need a device that takes composite video input and modulates it and then transmits it

As far as I know, diffrent countries use different systems such as pal, ntsc.

The portable tv i own should be compatible with most of the systems but i dont know about it supporting the american system

Thank you for the replies
actually i have already seen the ebay one but it accepts input from a rf modulator.

I dont have a vcr

The point raised by blueroomelectronics looks very valid but what i say is that i can comment upon it only if i get the thing in my hand and try it

But thanks to all of you

If somebody gives me a foolproof circuit (something that has been tried and verified), then i could try getting it made from someone, as there are far too many circuits available on the web

The sync frequencies are determined by the video source not the modulator.

Last edited:
Well can somebody tell me some place in ncr(preferable ghaziabad) where i can find this thing.

Or else can somebody volunteer to make this for me

Or somebody can tell me where to find engineering projects as i saw somewhwere that it is a final year engineering project

Any help will be appreciated

Actually you misunderstood me
This is not my project but just a little interest of mine to make a spy car
The reason i wrote that was just to have someone who might have made this thing or would be willing to make as i have seen many shops claiming to make projects for people

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back