Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A tuning device for musical instruments

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingpawnstar

Thanks for the replies from everyone :D ,
but i was hoping for more of a intricit analysis of the electronic components and parts required, and their functions, for this device :( . eg. i know i have a condenser mic that transforms the sound into a a.c. output which is amplified and filtered through a band-pass filter (actice filter maybe, i'm not entirely sure!) this then goes into a PLL IC (probably a 565 (linear) PLL!) to give a d.c. output the reference signal, which seems to have a quartz crystal oscillator going in as well but the reference frequency from the crystal needs to be say concert A=440Hz and quartz crystals generally vibrate at 20MHz so how do i use that? i think i need a frequency comparator a frequency synthesizer so maybe TWO PLL's then the output drives a dial (analog as i don't want digital programming to complicate the overall design!) indicating the pitch being sharp or flat and LED's indicating the note (it's for a violin so there are only the four notes G=? , D=? , A=440Hz and E=? )! :?:
Best regards,

my idea:

input 1hook up a microphone to a frequency to voltage converter.

input 2abstable 555 timer running at 440 hz to another frequency to voltage converter.

use these two inputs in a voltage comparotor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back