Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A simple amp to replace the stereo driving my speakers via my computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpoopdog

Hi,

I dont have a crazy huge desk here, and i need my space. Right now next to my laptop i have a really big tevion sterio which i am basically using to drive my speakers, it has an AUX line so i can plug it into my laptop hence, get the speakers which face me, to play the sounds from the laptop you get the idea.

Problem is, its bulky, its brightly lit, i cant turn it off without going under my desk, and switching it off at the wall which is awkward to reach anywhich way since my desk is in the way, and plainly its unnecesary, i dont think it can play CD's anymore, i dont listen to radio while computing, so really, its like delivering pizzas door to door in a road train.

Now, i dont particularly like listening to music that much, given my acute taste in music i dont have many songs i like, so i listen to them as little as possible (car and biking only) so they dont get old, my speakers wont have to play anything especially loud, typical TV good listening volume for movies and videos ect is all im after.

What im after is a nice simple Amp design to drive these speakers. They produce much cleaner output at higher volume than does my laptops speakers, infact overall at any volume they are much nicer anyway even though they are like 10 years old and originally they were pretty cheap to begin with, i mean, its tevion.

Anyway, im after a nice, simple Amp design that CAN play loudly, as in standard laptop maximum volume loud, but overall does not hinder the quality of the audio output.
Now, im not sure about how much energy my sterio actually puts towards amplifying and driving the speakers, but its input is 25W and the speakers are your typical large 3.5" ones, can anyone recomend me a nice stable clean outputting amp design that can play sterio at a reasonable volume and CAN play cleanly at somewhat high volumes also, again, not wall shakingly loud, just comfortable loud, that also has its own volume control?

i dont know if this is something all standard amps can do or not, im not fermiliar with the potentials here.
So long as its simple enough to prototype first on a bread board, ill give it a try, i already have a bunch of high power transistors as well i can use and various capacitors.
Just after something simple that wont mess up the sound at a high volume.

Also if you happen to know, what exactly is it in an Amplifier circuit that keeps or loses audio quality as it gets louder?

Thanks.

Go to an AV store and buy an amplifier. Make sure you can return it and try another one if you don't like it. If the salesman is hungry then he will allow it.

Hello Jpoopdog

If you want to build your own amplifier this man offers schematics, theory and kits.

**broken link removed**

Note that I'm not affiliated with him on any way, I just like his articles and his attitude towards DIY. Definitely worth the reading

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back