Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A real simple question

Status
Not open for further replies.

burhanmz

How can i remove a stain of used ferric chloride solution(it would be having unused FeCl3 mostly FeCl2 and CuCl2 right?) off carpet.

ah.. i had this 1' square pcb in a container dipped in ferric chloride solution. after the etching was over i took out the pcb but accidentally the container dropped of the table over the carpet. now it got a big stain.. the solution wasnt much so the splash isn't that big it mostly soaked in one spot.

the carpet cleaner didn't work. so i searched over the net and found that i should use a toothpaste ... haven't tried it cause it sounded peculiar ... and the popular result was to clean it with coca cola.. haven't tried this either...

if there anyone who can tell me for sure something that will take the stains off, i'd be most thankful.

Hi,

This link shows a commercial remover - have never used it though.
The datasheet states is 100% Oxalic Acid - think thats Rhubarb ..

ttp://uk.farnell.com/jsp/search/productdetail.jsp?sku=769897&_requestid=261246

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back