Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A question regarding checking backlight inverters for LED-backlit LCD Tv's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceredox

Hello, This is my first post here and i must say...this is a great forum!

Anyways, I've been getting into repairing Tv's lately. I know my way around electronics pretty well but I am not really sure how to accurately test an LED backlight inverter. Normally, i will check the pins through trial and error and if it comes up with a reasonable voltage, then i would consider it to be ok. I know many of the backlights will be in the 24v-50v range, depending on the number of LED's and how they are wired. I come across boards like the one shown below and am not understanding the terminology. The 9-pin plug is for the Backlight cable. Can anyone shine some light on what these markings stand for and what is the correct way to check it? I will add that not all pins are used on this particular backlight cable.

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_3999.JPG
    IMG_3999.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 305
Hello, This is my first post here and i must say...this is a great forum!

Anyways, I've been getting into repairing Tv's lately. I know my way around electronics pretty well but I am not really sure how to accurately test an LED backlight inverter. Normally, i will check the pins through trial and error and if it comes up with a reasonable voltage, then i would consider it to be ok. I know many of the backlights will be in the 24v-50v range, depending on the number of LED's and how they are wired. I come across boards like the one shown below and am not understanding the terminology. The 9-pin plug is for the Backlight cable. Can anyone shine some light on what these markings stand for and what is the correct way to check it? I will add that not all pins are used on this particular backlight cable.

Thanks!

Hy Caredox,

Welcome to ETO. You are from the US which is good because that gives you access to a wide range of components and data. We also know what your mains voltage is, but would you like to tell us which state and put it in your user page next to 'Location' so that it shows in the window at the left of your posts.

spec

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back