Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A new Forum: High Voltage? Have your say..

Do you think we should create a High Voltage forum?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You may be right, just everything about Tesla coils screams bad for RF devices to me =) I have very little experience in the HV department though, so on that note I officially endorce the creation of an HV forum. I know entire other forum sites are devoted exclusivly to the HV stuff, can't hurt to have a corner here to attract some of the HV brainiacs out there =) I'd like to learn more, like many people plasma globes and jacobs ladder have fascinated me since I was a kid. I've killed a meter already trying to measure the AC voltage using a sheet of tin foil to capacitive couple to the front a 25" TV. I'd like to know enough to have some fun be be safe.

Last edited:
Hi Guys,

The forum is now live. I've created it as a sub forum of General Electronics Chat. I have also written to the owners of RepairFaq.org to see if we can use their safety guidelines.

If anyone wishes to write a disclaimer them self please do and PM me.

Regards,
EM

EM, I'm thinking as it is with any legal issue activating this forum without a disclaimer and agreement may give rise to legal argument.

I am a member and wish this forum to continue un-inhibited.

kv

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back