Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A little project I made

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn I hate slow internet. It took me about 10min to watch a 48sec video, but I must say its nicley done. How long did it take you to create the pc aplication?

Real nice Birdman well done. Have you got any plans for this or will this go in your scrap book waiting to do something?

Heres something I was playing with recently, have a look and let me know what you think!
Really neat! How well does it track your hand motion? ie: Could you sculpt a 3D model with the right PC software, or is the lag/overshoot/etc too noticeable?
AtomSoft said:
U should call it " The Birdman Mii"
Or Birdii. A birdii in the hand is worth two mice on the desk. :D

Last edited:
I saw someone do this with a Wii nunchuck. I assume they used an Arduino, but since the nunchuck accel is 3 axis, he was able to flip the box on the screen right upside down. He also had some nice filtering code to make the movements smoother. I'm going to have to try and find that.

I was using the sensor as tilt though, you can't have 3D tilt, it would need to be based off of movement for the "flipping".

Regarding drawing software, I'm not quite at that level yet. I'll see what I can get done with Java monkey and keep this thread going :)

I was using the sensor as tilt though, you can't have 3D tilt, it would need to be based off of movement for the "flipping".
With 3 axis you can, because the Y axis tells you if the sensor is upside down or not. With 2 axis you can't tilt it past that 90 degree mark as it doesn't know which way is up.

I can't find it now. Youtube is littered with Arduino Wiimote cube videos. I think they made some kind of tutorial for it. The one I remember was much more smooth, though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back