Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A few questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm... is that correct ? Shouldn't it be "me" ?
I think it is me in this case because they are objects. I is used for subjects.

"He and I" (He/I needs/need to go drive that car.")
"Him or/and me." (Punch him/me.)

Last edited:
dknguyen said:
Search and destroy sounds cooler than hunt and peck.
Search & Destroy is what the military does or a male civilian in a bar looking for women. Hunt n' Peck is barnyard foul feeding about or me at a keyboard.

Search & Destroy is what the military does or a male civilian in a bar looking for women.

Is it just me, or am i laughing so much, that i can't type straight?

Marks256 said:
Is it just me, or am i laughing so much, that i can't type straight?
i can't find the ridiculous part of HiTechs' sentence.

Actually, you should figure this out on your own. If this is for school, then it would benefit you more to use your head. Sorry if this is a disappointment to you, but it is in your best interests.

1. What is a Schmitt Trigger?
2. What is a Schottky? (and how is it pronounced?)
3. What is a compariator, how does it work? Is it digtial? What could they be used for?
Starting to sound like someone who was on this board everyday with 39 questions! Didn't the Moderators end up booting him?

First of all, i posted that AFTER i asked these questions. Is it my fault i want to learn? It is human nature to urn for knowledge. I will have you know, i did search, but i didn't find anything i understood. What is wrong with asking a few questions here and there? Also, my questions have nothing to do with school. I just want to know because i am curious. Is that ok with you?

Yes, i know what Google is. I have it set as my home page. But some times Google doesn't help all that much. He is in school, and i am not(summer break). I just want to know because i would like to start working on building that computer of mine. I can't get started, unless i ask questions. Some times Google, and other search engines, don't have all the answers to all the questions that i may have. This is what a forum is for, am i right? I am satisfied with all the help i have gotten so for(except for the tension that poopeater has caused...). I don't mean to be lazy, but i am sick of going through page after page of crap that search engines put out. I need a destination, not more roads to go down. :)

Sorry Marks,
I should have put some smilies in there! I'm only giving you the gears.

All is forgiven.

Last edited:
The university in Singapore is also the same, most of the professors cannot converse properly in English. But, I think it doesn't matter. As long as the students are willing to learn and they are willing to teach, we will be able to overcome the language barrier.
:p

audioguru said:
Of course an opamp can be used for a slow comparator, but its output isn't an open collector.

Hi

Need to clarify with you, what do you mean by the output isn't an open collector. :confused:

fstspec said:
audioguru said:
Of course an opamp can be used for a slow comparator, but its output isn't an open collector.
Need to clarify with you, what do you mean by the output isn't an open collector. :confused:
A comparator has the collector of an NPN transistor for its output so that other comparator outputs can be joined together to make a NOR gate.
An opamp has an entire push-pull output stage that cannot be joined with another.

Attachments

• comparator, opamp.PNG
    comparator, opamp.PNG
    44.4 KB · Views: 169
we will be able to overcome the language barrier.

There should be a universal language. This would be great. I think it should be mathematically based. Something that everybody from any language should understand. Math is understood in all languages, correct? So, if someone that spoke English, was to give this to a Spanish-speaking person; 2+2, he/she should understand it, correct? There should be a way to communicate with just strictly numbers. I'm not talking ASCII, or the like, I'm talking strictly numbers. Binary would be awesome, like a processor has commands, have binary numbers for objects. This would be great, but there would have to be 128+bits that would have to be learned. There must be something easier. What about equations? That would be cool. Does anyone have any ideas?

Marks256 said:
There should be a universal language. This would be great. I think it should be mathematically based. Something that everybody from any language should understand. Math is understood in all languages, correct? So, if someone that spoke English, was to give this to a Spanish-speaking person; 2+2, he/she should understand it, correct? There should be a way to communicate with just strictly numbers. I'm not talking ASCII, or the like, I'm talking strictly numbers. Binary would be awesome, like a processor has commands, have binary numbers for objects. This would be great, but there would have to be 128+bits that would have to be learned. There must be something easier. What about equations? That would be cool. Does anyone have any ideas?
lol no. 98% of the human population is too stupid to understand that.
Most people even do not speak their own native languages properly ;)

Once i was younger, and I had the same idea ... therefore i created a language based on an alphanumerical system in hexadecimal numbers.
four hex number define a word stem, its prefix defines its function, whether verb/noun/adjective/adverb/positionmarker etc., and its first suffix/postfix defines the case, the temporal position, and for a verb its conjugation.
The sentence structure is variable, because it is a synthetic language.

The language had about 30 different cases ( english has only 3 ( or 4... ) )
and a complicated tense system. i.e. even a noun could carry a time mark, defining the time it performed the action described by the verb.

... there's much more to tell about it

What about equations?
This would be far too complicated! Don't tell me you understand equations of this complexity so fast, that you immediately can write one as an answer...

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
lol no. 98% of the human population is too stupid to understand that.
Most people even do not speak their own native languages properly

Once i was younger, and I had the same idea ... therefore i created a language based on an alphanumerical system in hexadecimal numbers.
four hex number define a word stem, its prefix defines its function, whether verb/noun/adjective/adverb/positionmarker etc., and its first suffix/postfix defines the case, the temporal position, and for a verb its conjugation.
The sentence structure is variable, because it is a synthetic language.

The language had about 30 different cases ( english has only 3 ( or 4... ) )
and a complicated tense system. i.e. even a noun could carry a time mark, defining the time it performed the action described by the verb.

... there's much more to tell about it

Care to tell more? Sound interesting. May i see some of it?

This would be far too complicated! Don't tell me you understand equations of this complexity so fast, that you immediately can write one as an answer...

No, i can't. I am going into Geometry and Algebra II this year. I was lucky enough to be able to get two math classes in this year. That way i will be farther ahead of where i should be. Hopefully, if everything goes good this year, and i have the chance next year, i will try to do the same thing! :)

Marks256 said:
No, i can't. I am going into Geometry and Algebra II this year. I was lucky enough to be able to get two math classes in this year. That way i will be farther ahead of where i should be. Hopefully, if everything goes good this year, and i have the chance next year, i will try to do the same thing! :)
Ahh, math. A world of wonderful delights and spin-chilling terrors.

Ahh, math. A world of wonderful delights and spin-chilling terrors.

I love math. It is one of my best subjects. Unfortunately, i am uncertain of the possibility of getting two math classes every year for the rest of my high school years. Then it is off to college.

I am not sure what college i would like to attend. I was thinking NDSU(North Dakota State University), or MIT(Massachusetts Institute of Technology). Does anyone have any more suggestions? I would prefer it if it was in the USA* or in Canada.

* NOTE: With the exception of Florida or California. I hate both states. Sorry if this offends anyone, but eeew!

Care to tell more? Sound interesting [..] May i see some of it?
Ok i'll write something and post it here :D This even doesn't go off topic because it's one of your questions ;)

I am going into Geometry and Algebra II this year.

Hm - Geo and Algebra are almost pure arithmetics, nothing of great complexity. The real fun starts with Analysis and Calculus. I'm going to study maths and physics this october... can't wait sitting in that lecture hall, listening to the profs.

I was lucky enough to be able to get two math classes in this year. That way i will be farther ahead of where i should be. Hopefully, if everything goes good this year, and i have the chance next year, i will try to do the same thing! :)
Having success in maths is not that difficult - actually we all are capable of doing maths; Some exercised, and solved problem, with examples, and everything shall work fine.

I am not sure what college i would like to attend. I was thinking NDSU(North Dakota State University), or MIT(Massachusetts Institute of Technology). Does anyone have any more suggestions? I would prefer it if it was in the USA* or in Canada.
Hmm CalTech, maybe ;) -

Last edited:
Having success in maths is not that difficult - actually we all are capable of doing maths; Some exercised, and solved problem, with examples, and everything shall work fine.

Not so simple when it comes to proofs ;) "Some practice" lies in between the range of a little and lots! Really, when it comes down to it what makes it hard is time constraints.

3D Calculus, complex math, series, and a little bit of matrixes tossed in here to keep you on your toes it's at! (at least, where I am currently at) Make sure to get your geo and algebra right though cause if you don't it comes back to haunt you- and not like a ghost does either, more like a masked psycopath with a sledgehammer.

Where the plug-and-chug math that exists in high school ends is where math really begins. It's quite a change. I remember in high-school when I could sit there at the exam staring at some chemistry or physics problems where I had completely forgotten (more appropriately, never learned) one or two of the equations needed to bridge parts of the problem together and you could sit there and logically work out what the equation should be fast enough to finish the exam.

Last edited:
I'd like to hear what you think of math when you get get to the material that lies beyond 3 dimensional calculus .
Calculus is easy - Complex analysis in multidimensional space is funny :D
I simply love mathematics - the more difficult the better.

_nox_ said:
Calculus is easy - Complex analysis in multidimensional space is funny :D
I simply love mathematics - the more difficult the better.

THat response was misdirected, I thought that your post was Mark's post. It has been edited to be more appropriate.

I remember a MechE friend was starting complex numbers (electricals learn it a year earlier) and he was sitting there staring at it saying WTF Is at this crap! It doesn't exist! Why the *(&@&#*& are we doing this crap! I felt the same way staring at some of the strain and stress stuff he was doing lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back