Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A big software update is on its way!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Any way to chance the default text that comes up in the reply box?
Mine is giving me "Courier" which looks like an old newspaper <chuckle>.

But I loved the old one better :(
I loved the green bar now there is no bar. I am only a new member :(

should get a drop down menu
Ah, that's where it was hiding. Thanks Eric.
Will we also be getting back a viewing preference for the number of posts per page? 50 is a lot to plough through.

What is the significance of the 'B' to the left of some avatars?
Will the palette of Greek letters/math symbols be returning?

What is the significance of the 'B' to the left of some avatars?
Will the palette of Greek letters/math symbols be returning?
Click the 'B' for the user Blogs.
E

I don't post much but do read a fair bit of the forum and I just wanted to say thank you, I really like the upgrade to the software while still keeping the 'look' the same.

Was able to find my blogs with the "wrong module," but can't find them now. The only option is Community Blogs, which also seems dead.

BTW, I am using the Default style, which looks more like Windows7 than the style we are all used to. It gives full screen width. Still can't upload images or attachments form the local PC.

John

I don't post much but do read a fair bit of the forum and I just wanted to say thank you, I really like the upgrade to the software while still keeping the 'look' the same.
The bit I like is... You can swap to a completely different look by clicking on the "ElectroXen" button on the bottom of the page.... For a bigger look on wide screens....

Thanks for the nice feedback :)

The bit I like is... You can swap to a completely different look by clicking on the "ElectroXen" button on the bottom of the page.... For a bigger look on wide screens....

Hi Ian and @jpanhalt, that actually was the original xenforo style which I was meant to disable - I don't intend on maintaining it so have now restricted it.

I understand that alot of people like the stretched width so I've create another style that you can use that gives you just that. To change styles look at the footer on any page and click the bottom left link (style - Full Width or Fixed Width).

Was able to find my blogs with the "wrong module," but can't find them now. The only option is Community Blogs, which also seems dead.

BTW, I am using the Default style, which looks more like Windows7 than the style we are all used to. It gives full screen width. Still can't upload images or attachments form the local PC.

John

Hi John,

The uploading from local PC option is actually next to the Post Reply button.. A little bit silly to have it there but thats where it is at the moment.. (btw, it allows you to select multiple files ;))

upload a file.JPG

Just testing. Noticed the vintage ETO format appeared automatically. Here's the other format to which I referred...just to test posting from the local drive.
Capture.PNG

John

Edit: Seems to work. How does one control the location of multiple images at different locations? In the edit window, the Attach Tags are visible, which would allow that. But, in the initial post window, I didn't see them. Maybe the thumbnails can just be dragged. Will try that next time.

Last edited:
Hovering over a thread works badly. It always creates the box above instead of in visible space or doesn't work at all.

Hi KeepItSimpleStupid, good spotting.. I've investigated things and it seems that the preview only works for newly created threads. I'm finding out how to resolve this for all existing threads. With regards to it's function, i think that's here to stay however, i have no issues with it's popup location..

I'm finding out how to resolve this for all existing threads.
Hope you succeeed, EM. The preview is handy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back