Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

90 degree magnets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr_Doggy

I once read that if you bring two magnets together @ 90 degrees to each other their fields will not interact.

Haveing said that i was wondering: if i had 3 coils, one each on a x , y and z axis which one would not pick up a signal from a radio station?

If you read his post carefully, you'll notice he is actually asking if the suppposed non-interactivity between magnets also extends to antennas. Receiver antennas with certain orientations relative to the transmitter antenna certainly do pick up a weaker signal. Assuming simple dipole antennas, the receiver antennas not parallel to the transmitter antenna will receive have a weaker. I am not sure whether their signal strength is the same though or different depending on whether they are pointing radially or tangentially to the imaginary circle around the transmitter antenna.

But I've never heard the same thing about the magnet because my understanding is that the lines of magnet flux will move to connect the poles between magnets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back